I have wanted to learn how to make this miso carrots after we had it at Myers + Chang for the first time. I have lost count of my attempts of making it. Just when I almost give up, I saw this red miso carrots recipe Joanne Change shared on Food and Wine 2011 cookbook! Nav and I were so thrilled when we saw this recipe. We tried and made some modifications. Here’s the version we like:
1 pound carrots, thickly sliced (about 1/3 inch thick)
1/4 cup red miso paste
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Cook the carrots in a large pot of boiling water for two minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the carrots and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix miso paste with butter, brown sugar and spring onions.
4. Add the miso butter to the carrots and toss until evenly coated.
5. Put the carrot in an oven-proof pan and roast in 425F oven for 20 minutes.
6. Transfer to a nice plate and serve. Enjoy!
This green bean dish is very addictive. Ever since I had it at thanksgiving last year, I can’t get this green bean out of my mind. What makes this green bean so great, you asked? Butter. Lots of it. Don’t roll your eye just yet. Give it a try. Butter is not bad for you. What kills you is the portion size. I am not a big fan of green beans, but I love this dish. Can’t tell you how great it is. You have to try it yourself.
Two of my new friends Alison and Linh came over to cook dinner together! It’s fun to go to your friend’s dinner party, but it’s even better to cook with them. We had a blast tonight.
Here’s our menu:
Salade de Roquette, Vinaigrette d’Echalote et Amandes ToastÃ©es
Coquilles Saint Jacques
Allrecipes.com is my go to place for lots of recipes. This salad is one of my great discovery there. The original recipe is nice but not quite to my liking. I find the white vinegar taste is way too strong and the overall dressing is way too sweet. I make some adjustments today and the result is lovely. This is the version I will make over and over again.