I have wanted to learn how to make this miso carrots after we had it at Myers + Chang for the first time. I have lost count of my attempts of making it. Just when I almost give up, I saw this red miso carrots recipe Joanne Change shared on Food and Wine 2011 cookbook! Nav and I were so thrilled when we saw this recipe. We tried and made some modifications. Here’s the version we like:
1 pound carrots, thickly sliced (about 1/3 inch thick)
1/4 cup red miso paste
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Cook the carrots in a large pot of boiling water for two minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the carrots and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix miso paste with butter, brown sugar and spring onions.
4. Add the miso butter to the carrots and toss until evenly coated.
5. Put the carrot in an oven-proof pan and roast in 425F oven for 20 minutes.
6. Transfer to a nice plate and serve. Enjoy!