Happy Birthday Rick! I was going to make you a carrot cake (and Nav said he will eat it for you), but I got distracted yesterday. I will put my acts together either today or tomorrow to make this carrot cake. So please stay tune. In the meanwhile, just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday.
Here it is: The Carrot Cupcake for Rick!
Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
150g olive oil or canola oil
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
160g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
260g shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
12 ounces cream cheese
1 stick (114g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
230g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
2. Use a stand mixer beat together the eggs and sugar for 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, milk and vanilla extract. On low speed, slowly pour the mixture into egg and sugar mixture. Mix for another minute or so.
3. Shift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. When most of the flour has been incorporated, add the carrots and raisins.
4. Pour the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
6. For cream cheese frosting: Use a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter under medium high speed until smooth. Then add in icing sugar. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Refrigerate the frosting for 1-2 hours to allow it to firm up enough to pipe.
7. Enjoy and happy b-day again Rick!
Recipe adapted from Flour cookbook by Joanne Chang